Monday, November 9, 2009

Hero project reflection


A hero becomes a hero by putting other first and by their actions. A hero can also be hero my ones perspective, because someone can be a hero to somebody but probably wont be a hero for someone else.

We had to find out what a hero is and what makes a hero. Once we have chosen our hero we interviewed them and wrote a character sketch about them. We learned literary devices, 5 senses, dialogue and detailed writing. We also had to write about a one moment in time that shaped us in who we are today. We also had a Socratic seminar about what makes a hero.

I met all my deadlines but had to work hard, since we also had a lot of work going on in different classes. I stayed many nights to get my work done on time and really started to use my planner to keep track of due dates.

I learned a lot of things, it changed my perspective on what it hero really is and really made me think and take seriously about what makes a hero a hero. I think I have also really improved on my writing. At first my computer wasn’t working and I had to do extra effort to get things done on time. I would have written a better character sketch, I feel like I could have done better, it would honor my hero more. Another challenge I had was picking my hero since I didn’t really understand what a hero really was at first, but I found my mom is a hero to my eyes. This will help me later on, because now I know the true meaning on what’s a hero.

Perspective was a big thing in this project since everyone has their own different perspective on what is a hero, or what changed them to who they are today. At the beginning of the project mostly everybody had the perspective of a hero being like superman. Through out the project everyone’s perspective changed and took the question more deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment