Sunday, April 25, 2010

talking these ideas out


What has struck me more about My Ishmael was how the tribes before lived better than we do now, and that people just for power took over and changed everything. Especially with the school system. Everything that Ishmael says is a totally different perspective than how I have seen things. I don't exactly agree or disagree with anything I just think it's a really good way of seeing things, because I don't really know. Even though many things he says are very true and I understand where he gets it from. I guess it could be applied to the real world by seeing things in a different way and maybe try to change in what we think would be better for us. When I told my mom about Ishmael's thoughts about the school system, she didn't think that way at all, she likes the schools and thinks that everything we learn is very important.

2 comments:

  1. Adrianna! I love the way that you didn't have an opinion on whether you thought My Ishmael was right or wrong. This leaves the reader open to their own interpretation of the book (if they are reading it) and then insert their own ideas into it! Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you didn't really agree or disagree, you had your own opinion about the book, i liked how you said what your mom thought about my ishmael, and how she disagreed on the school system.

    ReplyDelete